SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Non Tilt Window - Spiral Balances Needed

A home owner from Katy, TX says:
Hi there,

I am currently learning as I go here with my first home. I understand I do need new spiral balances for a window that just recently stopped holding itself up. This is 29" in length, and 3/8" wide with what looks like an orange tip, but I'm assuming that it has just faded. Also, it looks like I will need a spiral balance shoe, but not sure if that comes with it! Again, first time doing this, so if I've entirely botched any terminology or missing something, I apologize. Thanks in advance! (Also looks like I should be replacing both on the window, so two of whatever I need!)
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks like our S306-29 spiral balance. See if you agree.
A home owner from Katy, TX says:
I agree. Looking at the picture, do you think that looks like a faded red or yellow tip, and is there going to be a big difference if it's the wrong one?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You definitely want to get the right tip color, since spring strength is so important. Looking at your picture, you appear to have a red tip.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)