Non-tilt 1/2" block-and-tackle channel balance for GapCo window

A home owner from Bridgewater, NJ says:
I ordered some series 351 channel balances based on your recommendation that many customers find that they work for GapCo windows. They DO work, but they are not exactly correct - the window has some left-right play as it goes up and down. I was reluctant to actual take out the old balances until I had replacements, as they had pretty much "self-destructed" in place, and I wasn't sure I could get the window back in properly. However, now that I have the series 351 balances in place, I am able to make detailed comparisons and measurements. It seems that I need a balance with a 19-005 top (with the side flanges/wings) and a 15-004 shoe (side flanges/wings again, and a more pronounced wedge on the window frame side - 1 1/16" depth). This is not a standard top/shoe combination for any of your series. I'm not sure if both the top and shoe need to be exact replacements. I'm thinking that the 15-004 shoe may be more important than the 19-005 top because of its greater depth - and hence it might hold the window more tightly, preventing the left-right movement - implying that I should get the series 350. What is your recommendation for me given this information? Is it possible to get custom top/shoe combinations? Thanks!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I would be happy to make a suggestion, please email detailed photos of the original balance and show a close up of the balance shoe and balance top.

We can make a custom combination for you if needed.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
You have a couple options, choose our series 385 replacement balance that has the fittings 19-005 top and 15-004 shoe attached or, since you already ordered Series 351, you could purchase fittings and rivets to swap out the fittings yourself. Take a look at the following guide to see if this is something you would be interested in:
A home owner from Bridgewater, NJ says:
As requested, photos of the top and shoe of my current GapCo block & tackle channel balance - along with my original inquiry. Balances are 1/2" wide and 28" long per your measuring instructions.
Stamp: 2730Q
Customer image of their GapCo block & tackle channel balance.
A quick learner says:
Fabulous! The custom balances with the 19-005 top and 15-004 shoe are perfect! Thanks!
A home owner says:
Will series 350 or 380 work a little better since they have either 19-005 or 15-004 already?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you're certain you have the 19-005 and 15-004 fittings, with the stamp 2730 choose S385-28. The series 350 or 380 will not work.
A quick learner from Bridgewater, NJ says:
Wow, I think that question supposedly just posted on 11/07 was from me way back in August. I was really investigating other series, printing out images and comparing to my old balances. I never got a response to that question - I guess it got "stuck" in the system somehow and just popped out now. I did end up series 385 balances that worked perfectly as my 08/17 posting indicated.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.