SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Non tilt Window Channel Balance

A home owner from Alamo, CA 94507 says:
I have several of these that have broken (the cord is broken). They are stamped 2730, and they are 1/2 (9/16} wide. The plastic guides (ends) have broken, and I want to replace the whole guides (with ends). Your pictures appear to have the complete deal, guide and plastic ends. Other places I've looked require buying the parts separately. I don't know what your part number is to correspond to 2730. Also, would you confirm that the part includes the plastic ends. Thanks. I have 6 that I need.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The stamp actually isn't a part number, it just tells us how strong the spring is. Balances unfortunately do not have a quick-reference part number. Instead, you need to match up the plastic ends to what we have to confirm a match. Based on your pictures, I think our S350-28 channel balance appears to be a close match (which comes with the ends pre-attached and ready to install out of the box). I would just make sure the size of the plastic ends are the same as yours. I would also recommend the 2730 spring strength stamp option, of course.
A home owner from Alamo, CA 94507 says:
Thanks, I have ordered the replacements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)