SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Non tilt balance with no shoe

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello, Can you please quote me the price of a 29" x 3/8", green tip, non-tilt balance with NO shoe attached. Just the balance. Quantity will be in the 12-99 range. Thank you so much!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like you're looking for our S400-29 spiral balance. You can view all pricing information on the S400-29 store page.
A handy person says:
Hi Tom, my balances use a 15-142 shoe. I already have the shoes. I would like to purchase the 29" x 3/8" spiral balance alone without any shoe or cross piece. My balance has the two little holes that are spaced apart by 1/2".
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience. I think we can still help, but I need a bit more information. There are two varieties of balance I think you may need, and it depends on the length of the inside spiral. Is there any way you can tell us what that measurement is on your old hardware? Could I also see a picture of the end of the original balance? Seeing that would help us determine what would work.
A handy person says:
Here is a picture of the tip of my balance...
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. I believe this is a Series 306 spiral balance but with the 15-142 installed. Unfortunately, they are not available without the shoe. The Series 306 can only be supplied either with its default shoe or custom made with the 15-142. I would be more than happy to have this made for you if you're interested. Let me know!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)