Non tilt window balances

A quick learner from Wilmington DE says:
Hello

I have a kitchen window that has an upper and lower sash. It appears that I need new channel balances. However, how do I remove and replace the upper sash's balancers? All 4 channel balances appear to be exactly alike and you seem to have the parts I need.

Patrick
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It depends on what kind of balance we're dealing with. Can you show me a picture of one of them? That will help us determine what can be done to remove it.
A quick learner from Wilmington De says:
I got all 4 balancers out, they are in poor condition. 17" long, not counting the plastic ends
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
It's tough to tell from this photo. The angle makes it hard to make out the top attachment, but I believe it's a 19-005. The bottom attachment, meanwhile, looks like a 15-001. If those parts have the same style and dimensions as what you have, then I would recommend our Series 395 channel balance.
A quick learner from Wilmington says:
Closer pictures to be sure
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! That looks like the 19-002 top, rather than the 19-005. There isn't that much of a difference between the two other than the wings, and either may work, but it's something to keep in mind.

I can't confirm if you have the 15-001 shoe. It would depend on the depth. You will have to measure your shoe to confirm the size is the same.
A quick learner from Delaware says:
Did you receive my last response with measurements?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid we did not. There's no need to give us any more measurements, though. We have detailed dimensions on the 15-001 store page that you can use as a reference. If yours matches the dimensions we show, then you should be good to go.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.