SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Norco double hung tilt in widow balance

A handy person from Delaware says:
I have broken knife shoe on a Norco window (double hung tilt in) balance that I want to replace. Balance is 30" L and has marking 28 RB BSI NF. Noted that the other balance is marked 28 RBT.

Is your 751 balance compatible with the one I would like to replace? If not do you have suggestion for compatible balance(s) for this window? Thanks,

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I cannot be sure if the Series 751 is the replacement you need. You would have to carefully compare our pictures and specifications to your own hardware to confirm.
A quick learner says:
OK thanks. I did give your 751s a quick glance before writing to you and they looked very similar. But I will go back again and double check the balances with the pictures.

Do you know why one
balance is marked 28 RBT? It is for the upper sash on the external side of the jamb liner.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It could be just the way the manufacturer stamped it. If you want to be sure, you can weigh your sash on a scale to make sure you get the best available option for your setup.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)