SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Norco windows weatherstripping

A home owner from Belmont MI says:
I am looking for replacement weatherstripping for Norco casement windows. I believe the windows were installed in 1992 when our home was built. The existing weatherstrip has failed on the bottom edge of several windows. It falls out of the kerf and gets bent.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
A customer submitted photo of his weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Amy. Please take a look at our 55-170 Malta weatherseal, which appears to be our closest match. Do you think this might work for you? Let me know!
A home owner from Belmont, MI says:
I recently ordered and received 58-053. It fits well in some kerfs and falls out of others after opening/closing window. So far I have only installed it on the bottom of 2 windows. It seems to do the intended purpose when it stays in place. I am hesitate to use any adhesive as that would prevent future recplacements.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Like you, my first thought would be to use some type of adhesive. However, you were also correct in thinking that you could run in to problems when trying to replace it. How about trying a little bit of tape to thicken up the leg?
A home owner from Belmont MI says:
I'll give the tape a try. Thanks Dave!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)