SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Normandie Sliding door may have issues

A quick learner from California says:
I just finished installing this handle. The hole spacing works great. However, note on the picture provided the holes for the 3 15/16" spacing are the ones that are slightly offset from the other holes. What happened for me is that to install the outside handle with a keyed lock in it those offset holes made the handle too close to the slider frame. This prevented the door from closing all the way and the latch wouldn't lock. Flipping the outside handle 180 degrees allowed the door to close and latch but then the keyed lock was too offset to function well. I ended up clipping the lock level so it won't work but blocks the open hole.

I probably could of drilled and made some other modifications to the door to make it work but felt it wasn't worth it. The door is already breaking around the latch mechanism. Cheap plastic sure doesn't last long. Probably will replace in the near future. But it is a large door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Are you sure the 82-069 is the replacement you need? If you were to take a few pictures of the original handle and upload them here for us to see, we could try to find a better match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)