Nu Air window repair

A quick learner from Clearwater FL says:
It is 1/2" 2830 stamped on metal rail.
Window will not stay in any up position and is coming out when raised on metal channel side (left).
How do I repair and what parts are needed?
jamie
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jamie. I'm afraid I cannot identify what balance you have based on the information provided. I would need to see a clear picture of both ends.

That said, I don't think the balance is the problem. It appears to have shot up past the sash. Is that correct? If so, I believe your top sash guide has broken. Look at our video below for more information.
Help
I have attached a bunch of new pictures.
Some of the bad window and some of good window.
The balance or metal channel is only on one side.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! I have received your new pictures, however your hardware is still installed in the window. In order to identify either the top sash guide or balance, I will need you to remove them from the window entirely so that we can see the whole piece. I would also need your measurements.
OK how do I take it out?
Profile picture of Tom
I recommend that you watch the video I posted above, which shows you exactly how to remove both the top sash guide and balance.
Tom I did watch, but our balance is at the top and only on that side and have tried without tools to move down. It;s stuck in window stop?
WE did see a clip on the window sill, but cannot see where it's from, with window up or down.
There is a similar clip on the right side of the window?
Profile picture of Tom
It's not always easy pulling the balance down when it has shot up like that, but there is no other way. It will just take some patience and elbow grease. If you are unable to do so, you may want the help of a local handy person who is familiar with this kind of window.
New pictures.
Got window out and balance down.
This window is 51 inches wide, is it possible that it was missing a balance on the right side as well?
There are other windows in the house with only left balance.
Hope we can get to what to order now.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thank you! The top sash guide looks like our 18-178, and the balance may be our Series 385. See the video below which details how to identify proper balance replacements. Check them out and let me know what you think!

A contractor from Oldsmar fl. says:
Checking to make sure I order correct balancers for a nuair window the stamp is 2820 and looks like a 70 series according to stamp. If you could let me know so I can order new ones from you. I am attaching pic of stamped balance. Thank you Randi Martin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230531_120134.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure what you have, unfortunately. We have dozens of different balances with that stamp. It's not a product code or anything, nor does it have any bearing on the Series. All it tells you is the strength of the spring.

In order to figure out what Series this is, I need you to remove an undamaged version of this balance from the window and show me clear pictures of the top and bottom nylon fittings. I will also need to know the dimensions of these fittings.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a channel balance attachment
How to replace a channel balance attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.