A quick learner from Clifton, NJ says:
Hello,
I am a homeowner with Nu Prime windows installed in the home I recently
purchased. Three of my vinyl double hung windows will not stay in the
raised position when I attempt to lift the sash. The shoes all seem to
be attached, so I am wondering if there is an issue with the spring
mechanism? Is someone able to tell me which parts I need to fix this
issue? If so, do you carry them?

Thanks for any information you can provide me with.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, this is usually a problem with the balance. If possible, please show us a couple pictures of your balances. That will give us a good idea of what you have now and whether we carry a replacement. We may have more specific questions depending on what you have, but let's just get a look at the hardware first and work from there. Thanks!
Thank you for your reply Tom. I have attached a few pictures. Not sure what you wanted to see. I can measure the diamater of the balances if necessary. Thanks for any help you can provide me!
Jason
User submitted photos of window hardware.
I know you have not responded yet, but I wanted you to know that (although the shoes look very old) the spring balances are still connected to the shoes securely. The spring balances also look very small to me. Is there any way to determine what type of window I have to know which exact parts will work as replacements?

The color tip on the spiral balance is not red, blue or black. It is yellow, possibly white. Does this tell you anything? Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your continued patience. Your balances could be worn and might need to be replaced. Before you go that route, though, you can try winding it up with a 75-006 charging tool. That might tighten up the spring in the tube and give it a little more tension. See the guide below.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.