SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

NuAir Window Replacment Parts

A quick learner from Palm Harbor, Florida says:
Hi:
I have a NuAir series 900 window (MST 4565) on which I would like to replace both channel balances. The balances are 25 inches long and width is about 0.5 inches. The number stamped on the part is k 24S28.

Does the channel balance include all the hardware i.e. spring, pulleys, spring pulley attachment, top and botttom plastic fittings, etc?

Aditionaly, I need to replace both top plastic mounts on the window.

I have attached a few pictures for your expert review.

Many thanks,

Ken
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ken! Just by eye-balling these images, I'd say you have something similar to our S385-25 channel balance. Take a look and let me know if you agree. Make sure to double check all the dimensions shown. Yes, the nylon attachments, spring, and pulley all come included.

As for the stamp, I'm afraid that 24S28 does not correspond to any of our options. I recommend removing your window sash and weighing it on a scale, then comparing its weight to the options shown for our S385-25 to see what range your sash falls under.

As for the top sash guides, take a look at our 18-178. These appear to match your own. Compare them to what you have and let me know!
Hi Tom:

Thank you for the information. The S385-25 channel balance looks very similiar to what I currently have. The weight of the sash is 22 lbs. The top sash guides, 18-178 look like the right choice.

Therefore, here is what I think that I need to order:

2 of S385-25 with option 2440 (channel balances)
1 pair of 18-178 (top channel guides)
2 of 58-001 (white wool pile)

Please review.

Thank you,
Ken

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Ken! Everything certainly looks to be in order. I definitely agree that the 2440 stamp is what you want to go with.
Hi Tom:

Many thanks. I will place the order shortly.

Appreciate all of your help.

Ken
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)