SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

NuPrime windows

A home owner from Windsor says:
I have leaky NuPrime windows. I am ordering replacement window locks (90-041 and 90-042) and would like to order other products to heat loss in winter. What do you recommend? I see several types of bubble seal and also wool pile. Can you please advise?
thank you,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Weatherstripping is definitely a great place to start, however I do not know what type of weatherstripping you have. Your best bet is to remove a sample of the weatherstripping currently installed in your window and compare it to those we show in our Weatherstripping Section.
A home owner from Windsor says:
Right now there isn't much and the windows leak. What can you recommend? It's an add on not a replacement.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing the original weatherstripping and knowing its dimensions, I can't really suggest a replacement with any certainty. That said, you may want to consider our 58-026. This wool pile has a stick-on base, which means you can simply adhere it directly to the window wherever you need the weatherstripping. Could this work for you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)