SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Nylon wheel roller identification

A home owner from REDLANDS CALIFORNIA says:
This file drawer frame has 10 nylon wheels most of which were melted in the paint oven.

They appear to be 11/16 at present. However, given their age, I figure 12/16" years ago. The wheel appears to be 6/16" wide.

I've placed this note and the images here because of the mention of a rivet axle, which mine have.

Do you have anything that might work. I would prefer to get away from rivets if a bolt type exists. However, the head would have to be flush like the rivet and the nut counter-sunk inside the wheel.

Thanks in advance,

Jack
user submitted image of roller
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Jack. Thank you for submitting your images to us.

I've found a few rollers in our Lavatory Hardware Section I believe may work for you. Take a look at the 10-128 Shower Door Wheel, the 10-102 Wheel and the 10-100 Wheel.

Please note, these wheels are held in with a machine screw so you will not have to use a rivet to secure them. You will, however, need to use a drill to drill through the existing rivets which hold in your current wheel(s).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)