SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Old Arcadia Patio Door Inside Latch Replacement

A handy person from Los Gatos, CA says:
I'm not sure how old this Arcadia sliding patio door is, but I'm looking for a replacement for the latch. I couldn't find a match on Arcadia's replacement parts catalog, or the Swisco catalog. It most closely resembles product 82-217A. Pics are included. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe the mortise latch you need is no longer available. I suggest looking at our 82-005, 82-016 or 82-050 surface mounted handles. See if you can use any of these as a replacement.
A handy person from Los Gatos, CA says:
Dave, thanks for your input. Please let me know if I'm mistaken, but I don't think 82-005, and 82-0150 will work because the keeper is fixed into the frame and not removable, or replaceable. See attached picture.

I may have luck with something like 82-016, however, my installation holes for the handle measure 3-3/4". Do you have any recommendations of that size? I couldn't find anything in the catalog of that size.

Thank You.
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think maybe the 82-016 could possibly work by re-drilling the mounting holes. However, would it also be be possible to install the smaller 82-217A into your existing handle? See if you can line it up so that the lever will be in the same place as the older latch. Either way you will have to retro fit the newer style handle into your door. What do you think?
A handy person from Illinois says:
To the guy in Los Gatos: Did the 016 work for you? I have that very same old broken handle.

To Swissco: 2 things - do you sell a keyed version of the 82-016? Can you share the dimensions of the "thickness" of the body from which the hook protrudes? I'd like to know how close the hole in the frame is going to align. The center of the hook in mine is about 9/16" from the surface that attaches to the door.

Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)