Old Vinyl Window weather stripping wool vs foam filled?

A handy person from Wayne Pa says:
Hi SWISCO,
I have old vinyl windows that has the Foam filled with a plastic "T" base weatherstripping. They are pretty beat up and need replacement. Should I replace with foam filled or wool with center vane strip? My windows do not seem to have a consistent gap so maybe the wool would fill the inconsistent void better than foam filled?
I attached two pictures if you could help me with size please. I think I also need two sizes because some windows have larger gaps than others...ugh
Thanks for any help!
Vincent
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Vincent. We don't have this exact seal but I have found two wool pile weatherseals that may work for you. Look at our 58-022, which is 9/32" high, and our 58-126, which is 11/32" high. What do you think of these options?
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.