Older 40-039 has slightly different key from newer

A quick learner from Minnesota says:
Bought 4 in 2013

Bought 4 more in 2015.

Bought 100 key blanks (on referral from you folks) from Ideal Lock in 2015, planning to cut future replacement keys as need,

Been testing this for use in large Resort property, potentially couple hundred doors. Keys occasionally get lost ...in effect losing "master" for one or more locks.

Maintenance guys (who cut hundreds of keys every year) tell me that the tumblers seem to be ALMOST but not PRECISELY identical from 40-039 to 40-039. (Different keys work with varying amounts of extreme fiddling, etc.) Maybe my 2013 order was different from the 2015 order?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I actually just had a key made for my 40-058 handle (which uses the 40-039 dead bolt). I took it to a local hardware store and the name on the key is "High Class Lock" #255. The hardware store said they brought in the keys specially for storm door locks. Hopefully this information helps.
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.