SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Older Anderson Casement hinges

A handy person from Saltaire,NY says:
I am trying to locate hinges for Anderson Casement windows with a control bracket as part of the lower hinge track, I am guessing they are 25+ years old. It looks like I need to upgrade to newer type hinges and replace both top and bottom but the Anderson numbers dont seem to translate over to yours. They also need to be stainless, they dont call this place Saltaire for nothing !
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Can you provide us with the Andersen numbers you do have. If possible, include pictures of your existing Andersen hinges - we will be able to see if we have a replacement for them.
A handy person from saltaire, NY says:
I have attached 2 pictures. First is from Anderson catalog which looks like what I have, the second is the part I brought home not realizing that the track was a component of the hinge.
Thanks again for your help !
User submitted photo of Andersen casement hinge.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have seen this hinge before. Unfortunately Andersen has discontinued this hinge and are not offering a replacement hinge. Andersen contractors are now adapting our 36-013-10 hinge to work in place of the original Andersen hinge (unfortunately I do not have the procedure they are using). See this discussion for more about this topic.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)