SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Older Spiral Window Balance

A quick learner from Bay Shore says:
Hi: I need to replace this older spiral window balance. It is not marked, numbered or named at all. It is a Tilt window (vinyl); The only name I find on the window is "Thermo Air 88", no other numbers or other markings. It measures 23.5 inches and has a blue tip; without the white plastic casing the uncovered "coil" part measures 3/8, but with the casing it measures 1/2 inch. Can you match me a like item to replace it with? Thank you! Andre Avdoulos
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Can you confirm the length? Make sure to only measure the plastic tube. That is how we determine the length of our own balances.

Either way, I think you're looking at our Series 600 spiral balance, but let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Bay Shore, NY says:
Hello: Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. It measures 23 inches. I rent my house and unfortunately, my landlord does not know the make of the windows either. But he said to try one of yours. I will look at your Series 600 spiral balance. Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
In that case, how about our S600-23? Does this look like a match to you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)