SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Older Velux hook and insert

A quick learner from Petaluma CA says:
Hi all, I have an early 2000 model VS series manual venting skylight, well actually 5 of them. I am looking for one of these hooks and the hexagon insert that screws into the controller anybody know were I can find them?
User submitted a photo of skylight hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. Take a look at our 39-551 skylight operator hook. If you just need the adapter by itself, see our 39-550 instead. Do these match?
A quick learner from Petaluma, ca says:
Thanks for reply Dave, I have looked at the 39-550 it won't work as the adapter I have is drilled and screwed into the operator do I then have to replace the controller in order to use the 39-550?
User submitted a photo of skylight hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I'm afraid we do not have an adapter like that. You may want to consider replacing the operator itself. See our 39-405 for our Velux skylight operator.
A handy person from Warner Springs, CA says:
I think the 39-550 could be easily altered with a hack saw, vice, and a drill, to be the spittin image of the earlier adapter. i think I would replace the supplier before I replaced the operator unit in total for such a simple part.
A handy person from New Jersey says:
If you're handy, you can easily turn the 39-550, into the part needed for the early VS models. Just cut the rounded section of the 39-550 off and file it smooth. Then drill a hole through the center to fit the screw, and a larger hole about 1/4 deep to acommodate the screw head. Just did one for myself and it fits perfect.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)