SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

On replacing the 32-082

A home owner from cape coral, FL says:
Trying to replace said socket. When not attached to the drawer, the socket slides in nicely. When attached,I have not been able to slide it in (even with some "pushing").

What am I doing wrong? Any advice on procedure? (I have watched your video. Nice but it shows what should occur when there is no problem. I have already done what it showed up to the last part when it won't slide in.)

I have of course tried to pay attention to alignment, a tad of wiggling left and right, up and down, watched the elevation of the drawer to make sure the socket is aligned to the guide, etc.)

thanks.
benny
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm wondering if maybe your metal track is warped or bent is some way. Take a look at the track and take special note of any imperfections in the metal. Maybe a little tweaking or filing might do the trick.

Unfortunately, we do not have the exact replacement track to fit your drawer. If you need to replace track I suggest our 32-063. I have used it on my kitchen drawers with good results. Take a look at the video below to see how to replace a Kenlin track using this hardware.
A home owner from Cape coral, FL says:
Thanks for the quick reply. Here's what I have done after submitting my question.

I attached a new socket onto a small piece of wood to simulate the "drawer". No problem in sliding the socket into the rail. (Also, without the drawer, the socket slide into the rail easily and thus my thought that the rail is OK.)

Since then, I have used only one screw (instead of two) and not to tighten the socket to the drawer as one normally would. Using this method, I have replaced two sockets so far. Two more to go.

As to why I am replacing these sockets : Due to moving from Knoxville, TN down here to FL, the mover had a difficult time removing the drawers and worse, could not return these (with broken sockets) back to the chest properly !!!

I may try to loosen the rail a bit in my next replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)