One of my new 82-040s will not stay locked

A home owner from Colorado Springs, Co says:
I have 3 patio doors with the Winged Door Lock (82-040). One of the door locks does not stay locked. It engages, then after some time, it releases. I last replaced it with Order Number 436550. This is the 3rd. lock placed on this door. The other door locks work fine. What could be causing this? It stays engaged when not attached to the door.

Thank you,

Jim
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jim, sorry to hear you're having trouble. There could be a few issues. First, check to see if the bolt in the 82-040 has enough space between it and the keeper. My thought is that the lock could be set too low on the door and when you go to lock it the bolt is not fully engaging into the keeper. I could be wrong, but check to see if that is the problem. Also, maybe adjusting the glass door roller to raise the door up just a little might solve the problem.
A quick learner from Colorado Springs says:
Thanks for your advice. I'll take some measurements on the other doors to see what I can do and then get back to you with the results.

Jim
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Great, let me know!
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.