Outdoor lock for sliding door

A home owner from Arkansas says:
I have a glass sliding door that I would like to put an exterior lock on. Key lock on the outside, turn knob on the inside. The door is a Caradco brand door, part number cpdu1-60x68b. Caradco was bought out by Jeld-wen. I will have pictures to post a little later today.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
John
User submitted picture of door and window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, John! If you're looking for a keyed outside lock, take a look at our 82-306. This looks like something you could use. Take a look and see what you think. You may also want to see our 82-020, if you're looking to replace your interior handle. Do the dimensions of the 82-020 match your existing handle set?
A home owner says:
It looks like this lock will fit my door, but I have a question about it. Can you turn the tail piece from the inside of the door without the key in the outside, IE will the internal locking mechanism still work with this on the outside of the door?

Thanks,
John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you should be able to activate the lock using the inside lever without there needing to be a key in the outside cylinder.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.