Outside and inside storm door turn handles

A quick learner from Virginia says:
I have a Cole Sewell storm door (registration number 12099896017 0138) and the outside turn handle needs replacing. It measures roughly 6 1/2 inches tall, 1 1/2 inches wide and the screws are about 5 1/2 inches apart. The inside turn knob is working and measures about 3 1/2 inches tall, 1 inch wide and the screws are about 2 inches apart. Do both parts need to be replaced or just the outside knob? Part number 40-150 looks like a match for the inside knob but I wanted to make sure. I'm still looking for a match for the outside turn knob. Thanks so much. Gianina Chappell
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your picture, it seems that the spring may be shot. The spring is actually located in the inside handle, so replacing that by itself could fix your problem. See our 40-150 as a possible match. If you do want an entire handle set, you could consider our 40-152 or 40-058. I'm afraid Cole Sewell is no longer in business, so we can't supply an exact match, but look these parts over and see how well they match up.
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.