SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Oval Mortise for my door lock hole

A home owner from Connecticut says:
Ipurchased and 82-218 mortise and 82-034 handle set. The handle set fits my door fine but I have a problem with the mortise.the top and bottom of the morise I bought are square while the opening at bothnthevtop and bottom of my door are oval. The hole locations are fine as is the width.

Do you have a mortise to fit my door?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thank you for posting! Our 82-218 mortise lock has rounded ends. Are you sure it won't fit? Could I perhaps see a few pictures of the hole in which you are trying to install this new mortise lock? If you still have it on hand, I would also like to see a few pictures of your original mortise lock. Let me know!
A home owner from Connecticut says:
Unfortunately my original mortise lock it is sitting at the bottom of my sliding glass door frame.
User submitted picture of mortise cutout.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! That is actually a common problem. Other than that, however, and assuming that the hole dimensions match up to our 82-218, it should work in this type of hole. Have you seen our tutorial video on how to install this type of mortise lock? Check it out and let me know if it helps!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)