SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PAtio door handle

A home owner from USA says:
I need to replace some keyed locking patio door handles. My screw holes are at 3-15/16" o.c. and my door is 1 1/2" thick. I see that Swisco offers a handle set for 1 3/8"thick doors and 1 5/8" thick doors -part numbers 82-073 and 82-074. Could you please tell me which one would work for my 1 1/2" thick door?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If you are sure that your door is 1-1/2" thick. I would go with the 82-074. That is for a 1-5/8" thick door and you can always cut of file down the tail piece on the key cylinder if you had to.

Though these two handle sets are pretty specific. Aside from door thickness, are they an exact match for your existing handle set? If not, maybe we should see a few pictures of your hardware before you purchase anything, just to be sure.
A quick learner from St. Louis mo says:
Thanks for the response. As you suggested I have attached a few photographs. Does it still look like I should order the handle set for the 1 5/8" door? Thank you
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Actually, I''m not sure if our 82-073 or 82-074 can work for you. Notice how your thumb latch is centered, while the thumb latch for our two locks are offset and non-adjustable. I think you may be better off with something like our 82-069. It does not come with a key lock, but you can use our 82-310. You just need to drill or punch out the hole in the exterior handle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)