SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PGT Non Tilting Spiral Balance

A home owner from Naples, Fl says:
Hello, Here is a photo of my PGT Spiral Balance. The top of the balance is screwed to the window frame and the bottom appears to simply hook into the bottom of the lower window after achieving the proper tension. On many of the windows, the hook portion is rotted away and or missing. The length of the tube is 37". Though I haven't checked all the windows, I'm guessing I need 18-26 tubes. Can you identify the correct tube, and what would be the replacement cost per tube.

Thank you
User submitted photos of a spiral balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Frank. Thank you for your patience in this matter. Please take a look at this Custom Spiral balance Order Form that I have started for you based on your specifications. Please review the information and see if you agree with what we went with. If so, you can fill out and submit the rest of the information and one of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote shortly thereafter.
A home owner from Naples, Fl says:
Thank you Tom, that looks perfect! I have ordered the spiral balance tool which should be her Monday. I am going to go over every window making adjustments, then I'll know exactly what to order. I greatly appreciate your help.
A home owner from Naples Fl says:
Hi Tom,
I am ready to order just one spiral balance with shoe as we discussed. However, the 306 series only comes in 3/8s of an inch. The outside diameter of my spiral balance tube is 17/32nds. Closer to 5/8's than 3/8's.

What would be the correct balance part in that case?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. In that case, check out this New Order Form, which uses the 5/8" Series 600 instead.
A home owner from Bahamas and Kentucky says:
I have PGT windows with a similar spiral balance. However my tips are blue (more like Aqua). It looks like I need the same hook end which has rusted off. I need several different sizes. Can you help? The diameter is 5/8.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure! Check out this custom spiral balance order form and fill out the blank fields. We'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Also, when measuring length, it's important that you only measure the tube.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)