SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PGT Window Balance

A home owner from Pompano Beach, Fl. says:
Double hung. Impact glass. Each panel is 31.5" x 24". The balance is white and has an orange, or maybe red, tip. The balance measures 24" long with a 5/8" diameter. There is a hook at the end of the balance that latches to the bottom of the window. 2 balances per window. There are 2 numbers stamped on the balance, E24E and I think either 064E or G64E. These things need to be replace every 3 to 4 years, because the hook breaks off, at $150 a window. I have someone fixing 7 windows in the next month or so but I'd like to find a balance supplier so I can do it myself in the future. I included a picture of the hook. Let me know. Thanks
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks again for your patience as we look into this. After a little digging, we have determined that we can, indeed, custom make this balance for you. Before we begin, can you just tell me how many you need. Once I know that, we'll shoot you over a custom balance link and price quote that you can use to place your order.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)