SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PGT Window balance

A home owner from Jensen Beach, Fl says:
I need balancers for some PGT impact windows. (12 balancers total, all the same size) Tube is 23 inches (S500-23 blue tip), with a balance shoe (your 15-142) attached. Also I would like to know if the S500-23 could be used with your clip 17-094 as an alternative. Looks like that attachment might be less prone to rust. Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Can you confirm what balance Series you need? PGT impact windows use our Series 600 5/8" with the 15-142 clip attached. I believe you can substitute it with our Series 500 blue tip balance with a 17-094 clip on bracket, but please let me know just in case.

The 17-094 is made of steel, so it will rust with the humidity, but the walls are thicker than the 15-142 clip. You might also need our 75-005 charging tool.
A quick learner from Jensen Beach, FL says:
Thank you for your reply. My PGT windows are non-tilt so I think I need the series 500 with blue tip and a 17-094 clip on the bracket. I also need the 75-005 charging tool.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)