SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PGT replacement rollers for slider

A home owner from Port Charlotte Florida says:
I am looking for rollers for my PGT WinGuard by pass sliding glass doors.

I had my husband remove one so I could take a picture of the rollers and also the bar code hoping it would help.

I didn't have the heart to tell him I needed a pic of the roller with it removed and measurements. He's a very strong man and he's still recovering.

User submitted photos of patio door rollers.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Check out our 81-018 and see if this is a possible match.
A quick learner from South Florida says:
Trying to decide if we should get the stainless steel rollers. Do you have advice?

We are worried about the weight of the door against the aluminum tracks. Will the stainless steel rollers damage the tracks?

Thanks again.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Since your original roller was steel, I don't think the 81-149 will cause any extra wear. If you're still worried that it may happen later down the line due to the weight of your door, you could always consider using a track cover. Check out our 80-100 and 80-103, as well as our video on how this hardware works.
A quick learner from South Florida says:
Thank you for our new rollers. I ordered four 81-018 and four 81-149.

Now, to get the slider out of it's tight fitting hole. I have added a picture so you can see the damage done by the rollers that are now in the track. It is obvious they are off the track and need repair.

We have retracted the rollers as far as possible with the roller height adjustment. The rollers are still impeding the removal of the door.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
User submitted a photo of a patio door track
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure, check out our video for a detailed tutorial on how to remove a patio glass sliding doors. This may address your issues.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)