SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PPG Hercule K sliding glass door

A home owner from Virginia says:
I am trying to purchase replacement rollers for our patio door. The door is very heavy and measures 48" by 80". I have attached a photo of the only identifying information I could locate. I believe I need your product # 81-095 but I'm not sure. I would also like to purchase a track cover and I think your part # 80-103 is the correct one. Please let me know if I need to order the products I mentioned or if you can determine which rollers and track cover would be the items I need.

Thank you,
User submitted a photo of a patio door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Lynn. I have received your picture, but it appears to only show the information stamped on the glass. I'm afraid this only tells us what kind of glass your door has. It does not give any hint as to what roller you need.

The only way for us to identify your roller is to see pictures of it removed from the door. I will also need detailed dimensions.
A home owner from Virginia says:
I was afraid that the photo of the information on the glass would not be helpful. I cannot send a photo of the original rollers because a friend of mine "engineered" some new rollers that served the purpose for several years. The original rollers were discarded. I am attaching photos of the different sections of the sliding door (not the stationary one). The sliding door measures 48" wide by 79" high. There is no product name ANYWHERE oh the doors. I hope you will be able to suggest some replacement rollers that might work. Remember, the sliding door is the heaviest patio door I've ever seen.

Thanks for your help.
Lynn Armstrong
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like there's another set of rollers near the bottom corner of the door. Could they be the original ones? If you can, please remove the original roller and send us a photo of it.

It also looks like your friend installed something similar to our 81-018 tandem roller set in the door. If you are happy with them, then replace with the same. I know you say the door is hard to open and close, but could it just be the weight of the door? We do carry the 75-077 track lubricant. It kind of works like a wax stick, and it may solve your issue.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)