SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PPG Hercules K Replacement handle

A quick learner from Colorado says:
I have a Storm Door PPG Hercules K Storm Door with a broken handle. This is the storm door to my front door.
Do you know the replacement part for the handle?
Here is what is on the door

PPG Herculite K
Trempe tempered
CAN/cGSB-12-1M
BS 6206-1981-A
15CFR1201 CH
ANSI Z-97-1-1984 1/8U
SGCC-1605 1302
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. For the storm door handle set, I would like you to confirm the back set dimension. I'm thinking it might be our 40-193 but I just want to confirm. As for the other hardware you need, I'm afraid it is discontinued and no longer available. We have no known substitutes at this time.
A quick learner from colorado says:
Thank you for responding. I am not sure what I am supposed to measure. Can you be more specific. The picture looks different than what I have.
Also, what other hardware are you referring to. DOes this mean I will need to replace the door all together?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sure! Check out the image below, which shows the mortise lock that comes with the 40-193 set. The measurement we need is the one labelled as 7/8". What is it on your own lock?
Profile view of 40-193
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)