PPG Herculite Sliding Patio Doors

A quick learner from Burt, New York says:
Our home has seven sliding doors, about 8' wide (one panel fixed). They were installed sometime in 1988 when the house was built. Three, which we use frequently, stick badly. One is very very hard to open/close.

The glass has the following etched (I may have a letter/number of on some of this):

PPG Herculite
Tempered Safety Glass
16 CFR 1201C II
ANSI Z-97.1.1984 5/32 U

Would this be a product your company manufactured? Is there any company that you might know of that would service these, located in our area?

Given the age of the door(s), would the sticking be related to roller wear? I have previously cleaned the tracks on two occasions,and dropped the slider to try to clean the rollers. This time, neither seems to work to improve operation.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you for your assistance.

Bruce
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Bruce. We actually do not manufacture doors. Herculite K is also not a door manufacturer, they just made the glass. We can still help, though.

If your door is sticking and cleaning the tracks does not help, then it may be time for new rollers. We can identify a replacement, but we will first need to see pictures of the rollers removed from the doors. We will also need to know detailed dimensions. Thank you!
A quick learner from Burt, New York says:
After more inspection, I found the manufacturer information etched into another part of the glass. The doors are Andersen High Performance doors, IGCCCBA326. Is this additional information helpful in determining what roller assembly replacement is appropriate? Or, will it be necessary for me to drop the door to remove the assembly, and forward photos? If dropping the door is necessary, I will wait for the weather to warm up around here, and then continue the discussion.
Thanks for your interest and assistance.
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, I'm afraid I couldn't cross-reference that number. If it's an Andersen door, though, then that at least cuts down the list of candidates. Look at our 81-018 (or stainless steel version, the 81-149) and our 81-128 and see if either of these are a match. If not, or if you aren't sure, we will need to see the roller removed. Let me know!
A home owner from Staten Island New York says:
Hi yes I had a door installed in 2015 by nationwide windows And doors unfortunately they've gone out of business and I found what seems to be your name on the door I'm wondering if you can help me the door leaked and there's water marks in between the panels if there's anyway you can help me out thank you Carol Cicchillo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F5C9F765-DF54-48EE-9519-C14E06BE4B6B.png
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello. We only offer window and door hardware parts. We do not make any actual windows, glass, or doors. For the issue you are experiencing, I am afraid there is nothing that we could help with. You will need to contact a local window or door company in your area that may be able to provide some assistance. 

I apologize we could not offer more help. 

Best of luck on your repair.

A handy person from Vernon, nj says:
Looking for a 46x76x5/8" replacement glass for my patio door. Says PPG in the corner. I'm hoping I'm measuring correctly. Exposed glass measures 45x75. Assuming mouldings are covering 1/2" on each side?
Thank you,
J
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15564693015815065772013531164064.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15564696186805192400953931447300.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15564696439641150701339279209250.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15564696631866433273873631836199.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we do not offer the glass, just window and door replacement hardware. You will need to contact a local window company in your area for assistance.

A handy person from New Hampshire says:
I have a large sliding glass door with a broken screen that needs to be replaced that is 49 3/4 W x 80 3/4 H x 1/2 thinkness
I can't find the manufacturer of the door but the manufacturer of the glass window is PPG.
PPG Herculite K
Tempered Safety Glass
16CFR1201 c 11
Ansi Z-97 1975 5/32 U
SGCC1111 4013484
Where can I find a replacement Screen that will fit. it has adjustable rollers on the top and bottom. The top roller fits into a gap but the bottom roller rides along guide within a gap.
Uploaded photos and of the door just in case this information helps in determine the Screen and corresponding screen lock that I may need.
Thanks in advance for for anything you can do for me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom track.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named full screen.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top track.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Glass door handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window of door.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

We unfortunately don't sell replacement screens of any kind. My recommendation is to contact the original maker of the door for assistance.

A quick learner from Durand, mi says:
I'm adding a few pictures, I need to know model number to this sliding door that I need parts for. It's a pot herculite. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1163.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1162.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1161.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to say that I don't know the model number to this door. It should also be noted that Herculite only makes glass, not doors. At this stage I don't know who made it.

I recommend checking the inside of the frame for an identification sticker. Failing that, you might want to contact a local professional familiar with homes in the area. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.