SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PPG herculite K sliding screen roller

A home owner from Old Bridge, NJ says:
I have the patio door brand name PPG herculite K. I don't know the brand name for the sliding/patio screen that i have. I am looking for rollers for the sliding screen.

I don't have old rollers to compare with so i am not sure which ones i need.

I have attached 2 pictures of the screen i have for you to view and get some idea as to what I have and what i might possibly looking for. Is there any way you can help me find right rollers for my patio screen?

From your website i found 5 rollers that may possibly fit to my patio sliding screen but i am not entirely sure if thats the exact part. i am listing you parts i believe might be the right part.

84-012, 84-013, 84-014, 84-017, 84-057, 84-058.

The reason why i believe these might be the rollers because i have 2 holes on the screen going side ways and there is no other mechanism on the screen it self for rollers to be installed (see attached pictures).

Please help me find right rollers.

Thank you

User submitted photos of a screen door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Mickey. Unfortunately, without seeing the original roller, I can't really say what you need. Older threads I've seen concerning Herculite K screen doors show that they've used entire roller units, with a housing and everything, not just individual wheels. However, they've also shown that there is a wide variety of rollers used for this brand. We do not have one specific type. Is there any way you can get a hold of the old rollers? Maybe from a neighbors house?
A home owner from Westerville, Ohio says:
I have the same model doors and I have a few of the old rollers and I was wondering if you found a match as these rollers are defective and I need enough for two complete doors.
User submitted photos of screen door rollers.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Keep in mind that Herculite K is just the brand of the glass, not the door. That said, your one roller looks a lot like our 81-132. Carefully compare the two and see what you think. I'm less certain about the screen door roller. It looks like our 84-050, but I'm concerned about the wheel. What is the diameter of yours?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)