SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pacific Industries Window Latch

A home owner from Antelope, CA says:
Greetings, I just purchased a home, built in 1995. One window latch isn't working well, when I turn the switch, the latch behind it isn't catching on the window thus not locking. Attached are pictures. Thanks! P.S sorry if I am using the wrong words or terminology in describing..Let me know if more pics are needed. I have a few, but the site only allows 5. thanks again.
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
More
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 90-173 and let me know if this would be a good fit.
Hi Paul, just looked at your recommended replacement, is there a picture showing the backside? And also, my locks on my Windows don't have the smaller piece shown in the part number,
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for your patience, and for clarifying. Now that you mention it, I see what you mean about not having a keeper. With that in mind, maybe our 90-005 would work. The hole spacing is the same and is meant to lock into a groove cut right into the sash, just like your original. Would that be better?
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul, looks good, just double checking for the portion of the lock on the backside that rotates as you turn the latch, I noticed it is a bit thicker compared to the one I have. Will it still work? Just to clarify the latch is turned by your fingers and the part in the opposite rotates into the window to lock. Looks thicker
Profile picture of Paul
If it's too thick, you can file it down to size.
A quick learner says:
Perfect sir thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)