Pacific Windows, Balancer

A home owner from Irvine says:
Hi, we have windows from Pacific Windows. There is a marking on the current balancer, and I set an image with it: 36 4BS1, or something to that effect. I measured our current balancer using your guidelines and they are 37 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.

After looking at your site, I thought this would be the one to buy: 37-inch/pd/Series-380-Channel-Balances/S380-37
But I just want to make sure, since there are all of these options etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your pictures didn't come through, so I'm not able to confirm. I recommend carefully going over the measurements we show for the 19-005 and 15-005, which are the two caps that come with the S380-37. As long as those match, you should be good to go.
Thank you so much Paul! I measured the parts you mentioned and they seem to fit. I'll go ahead and order right now.
Profile picture of Paul
Great, thank you for the order! Please let us know how it works out.
Hi Paul! I received the balancers days before expected, so huge THANK YOU!! I had no problems installing them, but I noticed one issue: it's a bit hard to close it. I have to really push down and use the lock for it to stay down. If I don't, there's about a 3-inch gap. I wonder if I ordered the wrong sash weight range. I'm planning to replace more balancers, so just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Also, gave you guys an awesome Google Review. So grateful for all your help and this website.

Best,
Marianne
Profile picture of Paul
Good to hear from you again, Marianne. First, I wanted to thank you for the review and your praise. It means a lot to us, and we are of course happy to be of any assistance we can.

Now, concerning the issue you're having, it sounds like the balance you ordered was too strong. I see you chose the 3660 option, which is for sashes weighing 35 through 39 pounds. If your sash is lighter than this, it would cause the problem you're having. Balances are kind of like Goldilocks' porridge; it can't be too weak, and it can't be too strong. We have a chart on the S380-37 store page that shows you how much weight each option can support.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.