SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Pacific industries window balance

A handy person from California says:
Hi..I'm trying to find replacement spiral balances for a Pacific Industries standard window, measures 45"Wide x 58"High for our Mobile Home. The rods are 3/8" and the length is 28 inches and color coded green. The internal section extend 2 1/4 inches as pictured. I want to know if the orange coded series 306 would fit the bill a replacement...they look like they would clip on the same way as the old ones...my concern was the length the spiral shaft extends from the tube...if it is the same? Also, if this orange series 306 would handle the size and weight of our window. Thanks for your time...Steve
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The Series 306 will not replace your balance. Rather, we can custom make you a Series 300 but with the special 15-142 shoe attached to the end. Could you just tell me how many you need? Can you also confirm the weight of your sash?
A quick learner from California says:
He Paul... thanks for your reply...The window is double pane, lower sash weighs 24 lbs. and measure 45
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thanks. I'm still not sure how many you need. Assuming you only need these for one window, I will send you a custom order form and quote for two. Let me know if you'd like me to change this. I will be going with a Green Tip strength option, which can carry a sash weight of up to 26 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)