Pan Am Jalousie Operators

A handy person from Melbourne, Florida says:
As I read on one of your posts, the crank moves the window out but when operation is reversed, all that happens is the crank ejects itself (unscrews?) from it's holder.

All my windows are from the 1960's and in very good condition. They each have a plate that reads "Pan Am". I have included the numbers I see on the inside: 2LH 18-0821 2.

I would love to replace two Left Handers.

Thanks,
Frank
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience, Frank. We have two operators made for Pan Am windows. Take a look at our left handed 39-016 and right handed 39-017. Compare them to your operators and see if they line up.
A handy person from Melbourne, FL says:
Dave,

I am overjoyed with you response showing what promises to be the replacement parts we need.

I am eager to make a purchase from you but have one reservation:

Concerning Pan Am/Daryl Window Crank
Product Code: 39-016:

The extendable arm shows to be 2 3/8" in your graphic. My measurement is exactly 2 25/32" which is close to 2 3/4", a significant difference. Is this significant? Or won't it make any difference?

So pleased with your assistance, and your company in general. Very happy I found you.

Thank You,
Frank
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I'm glad we can be of help. I don't believe the link arm length will be a problem. There is a certain amount of travel in the gearing that should make up the difference in length.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.