Pan Am Window Crank

A home owner from Florida says:
I need to replace two window cranks (one RH and other LH) at my house. I see a few cranks on your website. How can I determine which is the correct one for me. Going by the number and positions of the fastening screws and their relative positions, the Model 39-016 appears to be the correct LH crank for me. How can I confirm that before placing an order?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you send us a few photos of your existing crank operator? We may be able to confirm for you that the 39-016 is the correct replacement based on your photos.
A quick learner from West Palm Beach, FL 33417 says:
I need help to identify the correct crank to order to replace existing cranks. One is Right handed and another Left handed. Do I need measurements or anything else? The home where these are needed was built in 1979. I do not know if the images from your website attached are the correct ones.

I need your assistance.
Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

We need to see photos of your existing operator. We cannot tell what you need without seeing an image.
A quick learner from West Palm Beach Florida says:
I have attached two photos of the crank I have. The image shows the Right hand Crank. I need a Left hand crank also. They appear to be similar to Part Product Code: 39-016 and 39-017. Please confirm if my guess of selection is right before I order the part.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photos.

Unfortunately the images do not show the internal linkage of the operator. The outside casing looks correct, but I cannot recommend an operator without seeing the inside linkage portion (including dimensions).
A quick learner from West Palm Beach Florida says:
Here are some new views of the window cranks I have. All three pictures show the same crank. The photos sent early were for the other hand, but they are all the same type. Can you please now identify the correct part number for me?

Thank you.
User submitted photo of window crank operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 39-016 and 39-017 Pan Am/Daryl Window Cranks appear to be a good match.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.