SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Part 40-186, Swisco security door lever mortise lock

A quick learner says:
I have a aluminum storm door that uses a security door lever mortise look (40-186), that keep on breaking from the handle (R). I replaced the set just about 2 years ago, and it broke again from the same location (Please SEE picture). My question is whether you have the same part made of different materail, as I believe the location at which it breaks, has a stress point that you may fix by adding a small step around the base of the round cylinder. I think the inner ribs inside the handle is not doing the job it suppose to.

If you do have a different material, pleace provide me with the proper part number.

User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, I do not know of any alternate versions of this handle made in another material. I believe the manufacturer only makes this. I am sorry we are not able to provide you with an another option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)