Part Identification

A home owner from Los Angeles says:
Hello,

I'm trying to replace a couple broken channel balances in a window and I'm having difficulty in identifying which part to order. The channel balances are for a Windowmaster window. They are non-tilt. The original channel balance is 0.5" wide and 16" long. I have attached photos of the part and the end pieces. If you could please help me identify the appropriate replacement part I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Take a look at our Series 385 channel balance. I believe this could be a good match for your hardware.
A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
Thank you for the response! I will try that part. Another question however. Is there an easy way to determine the sash weight of the window? Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There is only one way, which is to remove the sash and place it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale should do.
A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
Thanks. I figured that would be the answer but it doesn't hurt to ask!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.