SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Part for aluminum tilt window

A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
This piece attaches to the bottom of the lower sash and fits over the peg on what looks to be sash balance bracket 17-059.

It is 1&9/16" tall, 5/8" wide, and about 13/16" deep including the two small tabs on the back.

The window also uses 3/8" Tube Balance Retainer Latch 16-013 if that helps to identify the type.

I also need spiral sash balances that looks like the one photographed here:
http://www.swisco.com/discussions/Need-tilt-out-spiral-balances-that-fit-in-nylon-shoe-77-25543

The one I have removed is 3/8" diameter It has a 29&1/2" tube body and overall is 30" exactly with inner rod fully retracted. This is the most common length I have but some of my windows are smaller so once we have everything identified I'll measure them too.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! We are currently working on identifying the sash clip and balance, but I am not sure what that bottom picture is showing. Can you tell me what the function of this piece is? Is there any way I could also see it installed? Finally, if there are any stamps or manufacturer information, that would be a huge help.
A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
Its the same item in both pictures.

The part I am trying to identify supports the lower sash and allows it to tilt by locking over the sash balance bracket

The below picture show it installed in the sash and also how the balance assembly fits over it

Unfortunately the only marking I saw on the part was an '8' on the back side just over the screw hole (most likely a mold number). The windows themselves have an ANSI conformity sticker but I'm not sure there is anything useful on there.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on this replacement hardware and will let you know as soon as they become available!
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you again for waiting! For the sash clip, see our 17-095. As for the balance, I will send you a special ordering link soon. It will need to be custom made. I am quoting you for two balances. If you need a different quantity, let me know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)