Part identification help

A quick learner from stevensville, MD says:
I'm replacing the spiral tilt window balances (S600-16). Do I just install them, or is there another step? The description says "ready to be charged." What does that mean? I also need the piece that attaches to the window on each side and fits into the pivot-shoe slot.Photo of piece that attaches to the window on each side and fits into the pivot-shoe slot.
Do you have these?
I just found your site, & think it's great!
Thanks!
John
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, John. Did you see our video on how to install the Series 600 spiral balance? If not, I recommend you give it a look. It should answer any questions you have concerning how to install this balance.
Concerning the black part in your picture, it appears to be a pivot bar of some kind. Ours are all metal, so they should hold up better. Now, as for the specific product that can replace this, it's tough to say. It really depends on its size, as well as the spacing of the screw hole. Start with our 26-400 and see how well this compares. Carefully look over our measurements and see how well they line up to yours. Let me know!
A quick learner from Stevensville, MD says:
Tom, You guys are 5-Star awesome! Thanks to your help & how-to video, I was able to complete my window repairs perfectly. Until I found your site, I thought I was going to have to replace those windows.
Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Awesome! I'm glad to hear we could help. It's of course my pleasure, and we all deeply appreciate your business. If you ever need anything else, I'm always here to help.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.