SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Part that goes under window for 39-156 crank

A handy person from Toledo says:
I order a 39-156 crank but I also need the part that goes under the window. I can't find that part.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

Did you take a look at the related parts on the 39-155 and 39-156 product pages?

Can you send us a photo of your original piece you're trying to replace?
A handy person from Toledo says:
The black part at the bottom left that slides and attached to the bottom of the window.

The black one on this window came off the window and bent when the window tried to close.

The window can't close.

Thanks for your help.

Richard Jacob
A customer submitted photo of a window crank.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the pictures, Richard.

I would definitely take a look at our 39-155 and 39-156. Try to take out your operator and compare it to those two, and if you're still unsure, take a picture of the removed operator and send it to us.
A quick learner says:
I BELEIVE THE BLACK PART HE IS REFERRING TO IS THE SLIDER THAT ATTACHES TO THE WINDOW AND MOVES IN THE RAIL (LOCATED ON THE SILL) BACK AND FORTH SO THE WINDOW CAN MOVE WHEN BEING CRANKED. HE HAS TO REMOVE THE WINDOW AND DISCONNECT THE POST ON THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THE WINDOW WERE THE SLIDING BLACK THING IS ATTACHED TO.
A home owner says:
Yea I need that same black piece. Do you know where to get it? That's the only thing wrong with my window but without it my window won't shut.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you're describing a part of the larger hinge set. Take a look at the black plastic tab that can be found in our 36-013-10 and see what you think. If so, you would have to purchase the entire hinge set. That black tab is not available separately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)