SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Balance Parts

A handy person from Summerville,SC says:
I am in need of balances for my windows. Unfortunately they are different sizes,so I would like to start with this one. It measures 9/16 in width x29" long. The stamp number is 2850 CBSI. I am attaching several pictures to help identify my balances. I also need a latch as pictured and weather strip.
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we cannot identify what balance you have based on these pictures. I will need to see pictures of the balance itself, removed from the window. Thanks!
A handy person from Summerville, SC says:
Here are pictures of the window balance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! I know what this balance is. However, it is not something that is made anymore. We can custom make a balance for you that will replace it, but it's designed in a different way. As such, I will need you to tell me the weight of your window sash. The springs need to be calibrated to that specific weight. Let me know whenever you can.
A quick learner says:
The window weighs 30 pounds. I will also need the right hand cam pivot for this window.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! I think we have everything we need to make this. I just need one last piece of information: please tell me how many balances you will need.

As for the shoe, I believe it is our 15-208 but you would need to confirm by comparing our pictures and dimensions to your hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)