SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Parts breaking. Suggestions?

A quick learner says:
I have 7 Simmons/Norandex windows that use part number 18-161. The house was built new approximately 6 years and I've had to replace 5 of the clips. They break at the screw hole. Any suggestions on what I can do to stop this?

Thank you,

Rich
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Rich, thanks for contacting us. We don't really have a stronger version of our 18-161, but I think you might want to check out our 18-011. I'm not sure if there is enough clearance. It will also fall below the top of the sash which will leave a space there. However, if it does work, then it would last. Could you work with this?
A quick learner from Florida says:
I am also having the same problem with the 18-161. They repeatedly break at the screw area and I have to keep replacing them for my tenants. I am ordering more of them because I know they will work temporarily, but was wondering if the aluminum part 18-011 can be substituted for a longer lasting solution. Does anyone know if part 18-011 will fit the Norandex single hung non-tilting windows properly and resolve this problem? I appreciate your quick reply. Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we never got confirmation as to whether or not the 18-011 will work, but it is the only other option we have. Keep in mind that it will leave a gap at the top of the sash. If you don't mind the gap, then it's definitely worth considering.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Thank you for the prompt reply.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)