SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Parts for casement window

A quick learner from San Diego, California says:
I am fixing an aluminum casement window (Bourne brand from the late 1950s or 1960s). The attached image shows the Channel at the bottom of the window, running along the underside. As the picture shows, the edges of the track were bent when somebody forced the window open.

I removed the track by drilling out the rivets, and imagine that I can re-attach the replacement track using either nuts and bolts or a large rivet.

The attached image shows the Operator for the window. The arm extends from the crank, through the window frame, to the track on the underside of the window. It works now, but I would be glad to buy a newer one since this one looks shabby. I suspect that the tip of the arm, which slides in the track, should have a wheel or a slider that moves within the Channel, but there is none present.

Your part 39-504 seems to be an ideal replacement for the Channel. Does it look that way to you?

Your part 39-001 looks as if it would replace the entire Operator, including the tip of the arm which slides in the Channel. Is that correct?

I will also need the two large aluminum bolts with lock nuts and washers, as shown in the drawing. These bolts hold the window at its corners and serve as the pivot points for it to open.

I look forward to your response.

If the parts I have identified are correct, I can order them.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The 39-504 channel guide might work, just make sure to double check the dimensions.

As for the operators, please take a look at our 39-029 and 39-030; make sure to measure from the end of the arm to the center of the pivot, rather than the end of the arm. Do you think these would work for you? Are your attachment holes threaded?

As for the bolts, you will have to go to a local hardware store. We do not provide that kind of hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)