SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Parts needed for Owens Corning Double Hung Vinyl Windows Installed in 1997

A handy person from Mahopac, New York says:
Need:
Pivot Lock: 2 1/8" long, approximately 1 1/4" wide, 17/32" deep.
Pivot Bar. Has numbers 8287 stamped on it. Notice joggle.
Several tilt latches for both left and right side. 2 5/8" long, 11/16" wide,3/8" deep. Notice rounded mounting hole.

Hope you can help! Thanks!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Please see our 26-403 pivot bar, 26-298 and 26-299 tilt latches, and finally our 15-152 pivot shoe. Carefully compare them to your own hardware and let me know if you think you can use these parts as replacements.
Thanks Paul! The pivot latches look spot on and the pivot shoe looks close enough. The problem is the pivot bar. I may be able to work with the 26-403 pivot bar you suggested with some modification, but please see the attached picture for what is currently installed with dimensions. I'm hoping you have something similar. Maybe I should have been more specific on the bar dimensions to begin with. Thanks!
Dimension A = Approximately 3"
Dimension B = 2 5/8"
Dimension C = 3/8"
Dimension D (to hole center) = App. 1 7/16"
Bar a little over 1/4" wide and 3/16" thick.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, thank you. That information is a huge help. How about our 26-319? This looks better.
Paul, you are my personal hero. Thank you for your help! Order is on the way.
Profile picture of Paul
My pleasure! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I'd be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)