SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Parts needed for Miami window

A home owner from Memphis, TN says:
I need 4 of these if you have them. They are all 4 broken half into . The operators work fine. The windows are 8 by 5. HUGE. I just need 4 of the one replacement part--see pics, please.

I am eager to receive your reply.

Sincerely,
E. Warren
User submitted photo of operator crank bolt/nut.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your image. Unfortunately, I cannot identify the operator without seeing the operator itself. So if you can, please submit a few photos of the operator so we can take a look.

Please note, it is most likely you will have to replace the entire operator.
A home owner from Memphis, TN says:
Here are some pics of the operator.

I've had 3 different replacement operators sent to me--none of them fit. All the wrong size--in all ways. I was hoping I could get 4 of this one small broken part, since the rest of the operator is working just fine (nothing stripped). This one part is what is broken--on 4 windows. (previous pictures sent)

Thank you so much! I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
E. Warren
User submitted photo of their Miami operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recognize these Miami operators. Miami windows where well built but unfortunately the company has gone out of business and replacement parts are not available.

The closest replacement operators we have to your original Miami operators are our 39-053 and 39-054 operators. The installation holes may not be exact and the slot in the window frame may need to be filed a bit to allow space for the operator arm.
A home owner from Rhode Island says:
E Warren, do you still have the Miami Windows? I have them in my home as well and need some parts. Was wondering after all this time if you replaced the windows.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)