SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Hardware

A handy person from Flagstaff, AZ says:
I need to replace the door lock and handle on my patio door. I have removed the existing hardware and it measures 7/8 inch wide out to out by 7 and 1/4 inches in length. The screw holes are 6 and 5/8 inches center to center.

The existing unit had a wooden hand grip on a metal frame that extended an inch or so away from and a bit back from the face of the sliding glass door. from the face of the patio door frame.

Do you have replacement parts and if so how do I order them from your company?.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for contacting us! Based solely on your description, I'm thinking that maybe you have something like our 82-002 with a wood pull, possibly either our 88-001 or 88-002. Take a look at this hardware and let me know if these look like matches.

If not, though, could you take a few pictures of your existing handle set and upload them here for me to look at? Thanks!
You are correct, the handle is the 88-001. The issue; however, is that I need the entire hardware for the sliding glass door. All that I have that is usable is the wood portion of the 88-001. THe lower connector from the wooden part to the door hardware broke and the threads in the door hardware were fouled to such an extent that the screw could not be removed. In the process of removing the door hardware the entire hardware was ruined.

The question is: Can I purchase the hardware that meets the specifications that I forwarded yesterday? If the answer is yes, how do I proceed?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. I'm not sure exactly what part it is that you're referring to. What do you mean when you say "door hardware?" The handle? Or maybe some inside mechanism? The frame itself?

I think at this point it would be best if we could see a few pictures. That will clear things up for us immediately. You can upload them here directly!
When I say door hardware, I am referinng to the items in the enclopsed photo. The handle, the two piece hardware system that fits within the door frame.

Can I order these parts?
User submitted a photo of patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The two pieces you're referring to appear similar to our 82-002, which I recommended above. Could you use this as a replacement?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)