SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio Door Latch

A home owner from CT says:
The attached photos show the entire patio door part that is missing a hook that looks like part no. 82-204 (door hook). The little spring that holds the hook is rusty and I think that's why the hook disconnected from the spring and fell down into the door. Would it be better at this point to get a new latch or should I get a new hook and just replace that part? If I get a whole new latch do I need the part that fits on the stationery frame and will it fit in the holes that are already there? The measurement of the hole centers is 6-1/2" and the entire length of the latch is 7" so I think 82-001 is the proper part. I also sent an image of the part that the door hook goes into (is that the "keeper"?) I don't care about the lock on the outside - when we moved into the house we didn't even get a key for that door (even though there is an outside slot for a lock) so we don't use it as a main entrance - I'm just interested in locking the door at night. If you need any more information, just let me know. I'm not sure what to call the parts so hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks for your help.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you don't want a key lock, then our 82-001 lock set appears to be the best match. Just make sure the dimensions match. You could buy the 82-204 tooth, but we are not able to supply the spring. Since that is the real problem with your lock, it won't do you much good to just replace the tooth.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)